In 1997, Stephen Quirk had one of his photographs of Bully Pulpit (later known as Bullyclub) published in Portland’s Casco Bay Weekly. This lead to a twelve-year collaboration with the band on various projects and introductions to other local musicians, including frequent collaborator José Ayerve of Spouse and A Severe Joy.
By 2010, Stephen was seeking a way to package his album design, website creation, and photography services to musicians, while also helping bring attention to Maine’s thriving music scene. Factory Portland launched as a result.
These days Factory Portland functions solely as a blog, featuring interviews with local and non-local musicians, concert reviews, and more! Holly Nunan’s and Newz by the Nunz joined the site in early 2016, bringing daily concert and event listings.
Everyone at Factory Portland hopes to bring their own passion for music to a wider audience.
Who We Are
Additionally, Stephen has exhibited his photography in Portland, Maine, Boston, and California. He lives just outside of Portland with his wife, Megan, and daughter, Kate.
Latest posts by Stephen Quirk (see all)
- 10Qs with Nick Perry of Nick Perry’s Brass Tax - 4 April, 2016
- The Return Of Our Musician Database - 3 March, 2016
- Holly Nunan, Newz by The Nunz Join Factory Portland - 23 February, 2016
Megan and Stephen welcomed a third member to the Factory Portland team in mid-2014… their daughter, Kate.
Latest posts by Megan Quirk (see all)
Nick has been a member of the bands Burnt Fire, Tapout, The Sidescrollers, Emerson and Thoreau/All Moving Parts, Three Greens, and The Feather Lungs. Nick is currently working on his first album with his group, Nick Perry's Brass Tax.
Nick is also working on a rock opera with his sister, Dawn, which has been on hiatus since 2005. Hopefully mentioning it in this bio will get her motivated to work on it again.
Aside from here on this blog, she can be found around town taking in local shows, performing with any variety of musical acts (basically anyone who will give her a microphone and a tambourine), and talking up local music on WCSH 6 on Friday mornings around 6:20am. She is also the Promotions Director for WFNK, WTHT and WHXR in Portland as well as an On Air Personality at 107.5 Frank FM.
Newz by The Nunz is brought to you by Knack Factory
Latest posts by Holly Nunan (see all)
- Cryptic Overcast, Pigboat, Covered In Bees & See The World Rock For Devine tonight at Geno’s - 24 March, 2017
- Check out The Restless Atlantic, The Very Reverend & The Worst at Lone Pine Brewing Company tonight - 23 March, 2017
- Don’t miss The Kurt Baker Combo, The Connection, Kris Rodgers & The Dirty Gems & Borderlines at Portland House of Music tonight - 22 March, 2017